Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift - NDS

After the initial 9 hours into this game, I realize I am hooked. The game is not much different from Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSX nor Disgaea for PS2. You control a small group of vagrant doing quests from one place to another while gaining levels and items for the big central quest, which is in this case to get back home. With that out of the way, I have to say that if you like leveling up, this game is a treat!

There are three major things you level up, your character's level, your characters abilities, and your clan's levels. With six races of characters, one of them being Hume of course, and dozens of job classes, there are a lot of possibilities. As you acquire more loot items, you can bring them to the bazaar where they forge new weapons and armor. These new items have abilities embedded into them, where you gain the abilities by wearing them. Now as you gain more abilities, you can change into different jobs. With new jobs, you get to defeat stronger enemies which drop higher level loot - as I said a very addictive cycle if you like leveling up. 

For now I have the Thief, Warrior, White/Black/Red/Blue Mages, Fighter, Soldier, Dragoon, Assasin, Archer, and Hunter. Hopefully I'll get more the next time I write. 

No comments: